- Posted by Ian Suttle on January 15, 2011
- Filed under Ruby on Rails
I had a perplexing issue when trying to run a Ruby on Rails application using Ruby 1.9.2-p0 on Rails 3.0.3. When I'd execute "rails console" I'd receive the following error:
.../sqlite3-ruby-1.3.2/lib/sqlite3/sqlite3_native.bundle: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18 revision 29036) [x86_64-darwin10.4.0]
When using Ruby 1.8.7 I didn't experience this issue at all. After reading a variety of different solutions to the problem without resolution I tried something simple: reinstall sqlite (sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby). Magically, that did the trick. I hope this helps someone else too!